Tips for a Successful Install:
- Before you get started, check you have the correct tools needed to install the Cantilever Umbrella to the timber deck
- Watch our installation video several times before commencing
- Measure and mark out your where you would like to install the Cantilever Umbrella, before drilling any holes in the decking
- Carefully remove the timber decking either side of the base plate
- Ensure the nog you are installing underneath the base plate, (between the decking joists) is at least 400mm wide for stability, and 50-100mm thick
- The bolts to secure the base plate to the decking/nog will need to be longer than the thickness of your nog
- Use large washers and nuts to secure the bolts underneath the nog
- Once base plate is securely fastened, attach the spigot to the base plate using the supplied stainless steel spigot bolts
- Re-attach your timber decking in place before mounting the umbrella to the spigot.
- When the base plate has been secured to the decking, and the spigot to the plate, have someone help to lift the Cantilever Umbrella securely onto the spigot.
For more information on our Cantilever Umbrellas, click here.